Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Paul has a new hero and his name is dada





Wow! I believe that somebody has been praying for us since my last update. Paul woke up at 4:30 this morning (only because Natalie was up and looking for potato chips) and he was a completely different person. While he was sleeping he must have decided "well if these people are who I'm stuck with I guess I better make the most of it." As I said last night he refused to eat or drink anything, well right away he decided to drink a whole sippy cup full of water and downed about 12 or more ritz crackers. I had Ted hand him the crackers and everytime Ted would hand one over Paul would flash this silly, silly smile. After awhile he got of my lap and explored the room. He was talking a giggling. Natalie had him coloring. He thought he was big stuff. After a couple hours we even started to hear "NO Paul" from Natalie, he was feeling comfortable enough to show his naughty side. He ate everything in sight at breakfast and lunch....we can see why he is such a big boy. We did our official adoption paperwork this morning. It was kind of strange because he still liked me before the adoption but he hasn't had anything to do with me since. Ted is his HERO! Ted is the only one who can carry him, feed him, change him etc. He screams if I touch him. I know this is all very confusing for him so I am not taking it personal at all. I'm just glad that he likes at least one of us right now ( okay so he loves Natalie too, just not me). Paul's favorite thing to do so far is to run as fast as he can in the hotel lobby. The faster he runs the louder he giggles.
P.S. I meant to say in my last message that the Auntie director was very receptive to the four care packages that I brought. She even asked if I knew when XM's family was was coming. I told her next week and she smiled real big.

4 comments:

YvetteC said...

Paul is absolutely the cutest! It is a good sign that he did have a grieving day. We are praying for you every day! Yvette

Gen said...

oh my goodness!!!!

Thank you Alison!!

Sam said...

Yay!!! Let Dada get a bad back for a while!!! Just kidding! Paul will be loving on you real soon! So glad he is starting to bond!

Unknown said...

Hey guys! I wanted to tell Natalie happy birthday

from,
makenzie