Friday, December 08, 2006

Bowling in Changsha......part 2 of Friday





Our trip to the hotel's bowling alley proved to be quite interesting. First of all we were the only ones in there and attendant spoke little English. He apologized that his English was so bad, I apologized that my Chinese was so bad ( he laughed....but I'm not sure at what). He had a hard time finding shoes to fit Ted. Needless to say the size 12's that he found had seen very little time on the alley. What we thought was the most entertaining part of our afternoon bowling was that the attendant stood behind us almost the whole time we were bowling and clapped for us every time we threw the ball. Remember we were the only ones there, so it felt a little strange have our personal cheering section. The picture of Ted trying to bowl with Paul shows the attachment that is going on between them...Ted couldn't even put him down long enough to throw his bowl. Paul would rub my ball for good luck but that was about all I could get out of him. As I'm telling you these stories about Paul's favoritism to Ted please know that I am fine with it. I've read all of the adoption books and know that at this age kids can only bond to one person at a time. If I hadn't read these books I may be more upset.
Oh, one thing I forgot to tell you about out photo shoot this morning.....our guide said that the photographer wanted to know if they should "fix" Paul's arm in the photos ( were they going to airbrush him a new arm or what....I don't know). I said no of course not, this is who he is and it doesn't bother us. I'm sure this is just one of many strange questions we will receive here and once we get home.

2 comments:

Troy and Sarah said...

Alison,

Mom came over last night and got an update. She printed your hole blog and was going take it home and read at leisure and share it with some friends. She was very proud of her new grandson. Emily got to see all the photo's and we read all your postings. She even left her own comments for Natalie.

Tell Ted I could probably beat him at bowling as long as he is holding Paul. hahaha.

love,

Troy A.

YvetteC said...

That is hilarious!!I can just picture it now!! What hotel are you in?