Friday, December 08, 2006

Changsha's Wal-Mart





Well, we've had an interesting Saturday to say the least. First we went to a lookout mountain where we should have been able to see a birds-eye view of Changsha...but it was too cloudy so we didn't see a whole lot. There is some kind of military building there also and Ashley told us not to take pictures of the building or we would be shocked ( we think he meant shot.....either way we didn't take a picture of the building because we did not want to be shocked or shot). We walked over to the lookout and all eyes were on us. I looked at Leigh and asked her if we were the "sight to see" or what. There was a group of college aged kids staring at us so HARD that I finally waved at them so their eyes would blink. They all started laughing and saying things about Natalie being a beautiful girl. They we talking pictures of us with their camera phones. Ashley took a group photo of us and the Fresina's and one of the kids asked if he could take a photo too. We thought he just wanted a photo of us.....no, he had all of his friends pile into the photo. It was so fun. These young adults were full of life and so pleasant. Then we headed to Wal-Mart. I was so mad at myself for not checking to see if my battery was charged on the camera so I only got a few pictures until the battery went dead. I did get a good picture of the dried squid and the pile of black stuff for 25 rmb. Mike got the best pictures though of the fresh food section. The caption for his pictures was going to be "NO this is NOT the pet section.” The smell in the fresh food section was horrible. The trip to Wal-Mart was just as entertaining as any of the tourist attractions we've been to.
By the way Paul is doing great. Today is most he has acted like he might actually like me. I even was allowed to hold him in Ted's presence. I will post again later tonight once I have the CD of our photo shoot from yesterday. Oh, by the way we are staying at the HuaTian...it is anawsome hotel. We are totally in love with some of the staff.

5 comments:

Troy and Sarah said...

Alison

Yummy, I love black stuff. Could you pick me up a pound or so? $25.80 sounds a little expensive for black stuff. Just kidding. Why are all the signs in Wal-mart in English? There is a sign in the photo of the dried squid that says Satisfaction Guaranteed 200%. What! That's pretty good. I wish Wal-mart here would have that.

Yes, We did get up early to check for updates and its Saturday. We are crazy about these updates.

Later,

Troy A.

Holly said...

Alison & family,
That's great that Paul is continuing to let you do more & more. Yeaaah!! I'm so happy for you guys!
Who knew that Wal-mart could be so interesting--especially to the senses!
I love your blog!! Like many others--I too am badly addicted!!

Holly & Brent & girls

Rhonda said...

So glad to see that things are going well for you guys! I have been having trouble posting here, but I have been following along every day! Tell Ashley "Hello" from Ryan, Rhonda, and Ray Ray Kelly. We are all so excited around here to look at all of your photos of Paul with his forever family! Hang in there Alison, Paul will fingure you out in his own sweet time! Have a great last few days in beautiful Changsha!
Rhonda (Jocelyn's mom)

Michael J Bruns said...

Enjoying all the info Allison, keep it coming. I did happen to notice on the walmart food section that it appears to me that there were some pheasant hanging in the one photo, based on the tails i saw. Which iterested me since the ringneck pheasant is native to china and was importanted to the U.S. back in the 1800's.

YvetteC said...

Thanks for the tourist tips!! Can't wait to see Changsha myself. We just found out we will be at the Dolton Hotel. I loved your comment a few posts back about the deputy director telling you Paul was a naughty boy only AFTER the paperwork was signed!!
Yvette waiting for Xiao Lan only 2 weeks now!!