Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Chenzhou Scrapbook


















I just had to share my latest project with all of you. Most of you who know me personally know that I am an avid scrapbooker. Almost 2 months ago, while our wait for travel approval was starting to drive me crazy, I came up with an idea. I wanted to make a scrapbook of kids who had started their lives at Chenzhou and now live with their forever families. I will give this book to the orphanage director at the time that we meet Paul. I went to the Chenzhou Yahoo group and offered to do this book for anyone who was interested. The response has been over whelming. More than 50 families have contacted me through email saying that they wanted to send me photos of their child/ children from Chenzhou. So far I have received 23 sets of photos not only from the USA but also Canada, the Netherlands and Holland. All of these children are beautiful and you can tell by their pictures that "life is good!!" I have had so much fun putting this book together. Families who have been able to visit Chenzhou have told me that the staff will really appreciate this book. They are proud of these kids and happy that they are in loving homes. The pages with the 2 girls side by side really tugs at my heart. These girls were adopted on the exact same day that Paul was left at the front gate of the orphanage, March 28,2005. Just when they find homes for some of the little ones, another child is left. I'm so thankful that Paul is not going to be left behind for too much longer.

On a side note we figured out tonight when all of our kids will graduate from high school. Here's the run down: Andrew - 2017, Natalie - 2019, Audrey - 2022, Paul - 2023............yikes !!!!!

Only 16 until we leave!!!!

1 comment:

t~ said...

Oh what a beautiful idea! I am sure that they are going to love it. Very thoughtful gift.

Pass me your address, I'll put that song in the mail to you.