Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Paul's Finding Ad



I was able to get a copy of Paul's finding ad. A finding ad is exactly what it sounds like. The orphanage actually puts an ad in the local newspaper of the children who have been recently abandoned. The ad is placed in hopes that a family member will come forward to bring the child back home. There is a man name Brian Stuy who lives in Utah who somehow has a lot of the Chinese newspapers. I emailed him last week with all of Paul's information including his birthdate and what orphanage he is in. Mr. Stuy contacted me a few days later saying that he did have a copy of Paul's ad. I received the actual newspaper, an up-close photo of just his ad and the translation of just his ad. From what I can tell Paul is the only boy in this group of pictures. I making this educated guess by looking at the symbol right after his name. The other 12 pictures have the same symbol and his is different. His translation read's Chen Zhi Qiang, a boy, etc. Audrey's SWI didn't do finding ads, but Mr. Stuy had been to her SWI in 2004 and made a video of the inside and outside of the orphanage. We bought the DVD shortly before we traveled to bring her home. The video is priceless. He has been to many SWIs in China but has not yet made it to Chenzhou. He told me that he hopes to get there sometime in the near future. We will definitely get a copy if and when he gets there.

On another note Paul's "Good Wish" quilt is almost done. My friend Sally gave me the completed quilt top last week. On Saturday Natalie, Delores ( Ted's mom) and I tied the quilt together. Now the quilt is back in Sally's hands ready to have the binding put on. I'm almost done with the "Good Wish" scrapbook too. So many of the wishes are so sweet and thoughtful. We will treasure both the quilt and the scrapbook forever. I will post pictures as soon as it's done. Sally is also putting together Audrey's quilt top so I will be sure to post pictures when her quilt is done too.

1 comment:

Sam said...

Wow! Isn't he a cutie!!! We were given Kieren's Finding Ad by her SWI. I wish we had more photos of her at such a young age. These things are priceless to us.

Sam
http://samcampbell.blogspot.com